At Noble Energy, we believe everyone is a leader. Your career development is a responsibility shared three ways: among our leadership, our organization, and you. We provide the guidance and learning tools; you are responsible for your results.
We are committed to fostering a culture that allows you to learn, grow and succeed. We provide the career development tools through leader coaching and a variety of learning opportunities; you are responsible for owning your results. You succeed by bringing a leader’s perspective to your role. This philosophy is how we encourage employees to continuously expand their capabilities and one of the ways we achieve our purpose: Energizing the World, Bettering People’s Lives®.
Our training and development approach supports our leadership emphasis by giving employees opportunities to develop a breadth and depth of business capabilities beyond their technical skills. Formal programs include:
- Early career and mentoring programs
- A 12-month development program that comprises assessment, coaching, small group sessions and executive presentations
- An affinity group for those with fewer than 10 years of industry experience
- Leadership-focused assessment tools that apply to all disciplines and locations
Beyond these programs, every day is a learning opportunity. You’ll have access to:
- Challenging projects that allow you to make an impact on the business
- Developmental assignments to expand skill sets and relationships
- Instructor-led, self-paced e-learning and virtual classroom training
- Support for continued education and professional certifications
“Noble Energy really encourages you to take charge of your own career. Instead of telling you where to go and what to do, Noble encourages rotators to reach out to various managers and seek out the best fit for them for their future rotations. So I can create and follow my own path.”
– Rebecca Little, Petroleum Engineer
"We absolutely cannot energize the world and better people’s lives without every single member of our team – in every office, on every platform and rig, from every continent – constantly learning and growing into leaders.”
– Dave Stover, Chairman, President and CEO