A Message from Dave Stover
For more than 87 years, Noble Energy has been successfully discovering, developing and delivering energy that betters people’s lives and has consistently conducted business ethically and responsibly with respect for people, the communities where we live and work, and the environment. We have built a strong and resilient business.
We have had many conversations with you — our shareholders and stakeholders — about business imperatives, sustainability and our purpose. These discussions contributed to many positive actions in 2018 and to our plans for generating long-term value.
The Sustainability Report presents some of our 2018 accomplishments in environmental, social and safety performance and aligns with well-established ESG disclosure standards that best meet the requirements of our industry and stakeholders.
Our 2018 accomplishments were:
- Developing Safety, Sustainability and Corporate Responsibility committees at Board and executive level
- Reducing our total greenhouse gas emissions intensity by 5 percent compared to 2017
- Increasing participation in our safety observation program, which reflects and continues the maturity of our NO HARM culture
- Contributing more than 4,000 volunteer hours globally with our second Global Day of Caring
- Progressing our climate risk assessment
We will report on our climate work later this year in our first Climate Resiliency Report.
Our leadership takes sustainability to heart and recognizes the importance of social accountability and responsible operations. With a hands-on approach, we are committed to people and the environment.
I encourage you to read more about our sustainability investments and performance and invite you to sustainability [at] nblenergy.com (share your thoughts) with us as we move forward.
We thank our employees, business partners, contractors and community partners for helping us to continuously improve in safe and sustainable operations.
David L. Stover
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Learn more about us: