Employee involvement is an essential driver in our community activities. We also encourage our employees to support other causes that are meaningful to them. Our NobleACTS giving program was expanded in 2016 to add paid time off for employees to participate in volunteer activities. NobleACTS provides 2:1 matching funds for employee contributions to qualifying non-profit organizations as well as financial donations to match employee volunteer hours. In addition, the Samuel Roberts Noble Foundation annually matches employee contributions to qualifying educational organizations up to $10,000.
Noble Energy and our employees support several programs that take place in multiple locations:
- Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities and hope.
- Noble Energy sponsored its second home in northwest Houston during 2016. Noble Energy employees put up siding, painted, caulked and shingled to complete the home.
- We donated an unused mobile home from one of our well pads in Pennsylvania to Habitat for Humanity and several Marcellus employees helped renovate it along with six students studying construction at the Greene County Career and Technology Center.
- Junior Achievement delivers financial literacy, work-readiness and entrepreneurship programs to students in kindergarten through 12th grade.
- In the Marcellus Shale, Noble Energy was recognized as a 2016 Junior Achievement Champion. The Marcellus team has provided continued support to Junior Achievement through social investment and funding, volunteerism and participation in various events.
- In Houston, employees who competed in the Junior Achievement Monster Bowl raised almost $25,000 for Junior Achievement.
- In the DJ Basin, employees participated in the Junior Achievement bowl-a-thon with the theme: “Heroes Don’t Just Fly, They Bowl.” Employees raised nearly $6,000. Also, our Denver office hosted nearly 50 eighth grade students who traveled from Steamboat Springs Middle School as part of Junior Achievement’s Destination Success program.
- United Way improves lives by mobilizing the caring power of communities.
- In Houston, we held our third annual Sporting Clays Fundraiser. With 107 teams representing employees and Noble Energy suppliers, the event raised more than $80,000 for United Way.
- In Denver, we are an ongoing supporter of the Mile High United Way. In 2016 our employees donated $150,433. NobleACTS matching funds added $256,842 to the employee gift. Employees also participated in United Way-related activities, including assembling and delivering bikes to students at a school in a low-income area of the city, and making and delivering sack lunches to several area homeless shelters.
- In the Marcellus Shale, Noble Energy received the Community Leadership Award and the Chairman’s Award from Weirton United Way in 2016 for being one of the top five campaigns of the preceding year. The business unit contributed nearly $100,000 to United Way’s campaign, largely through a clay shoot event that brought together 63 teams of local vendors and Noble Energy employees.
- Veterans’ support activities included Memorial Day service projects at National Veterans Cemeteries in the Canonsburg, Houston and Denver areas and Veterans’ Day care packages for active service men and women assembled by employees from Denver, Greeley, Houston and Canonsburg – including handwritten thank you notes. In addition, Noble Energy veterans were honored with a token of appreciation at ceremonies across our office locations.
“The support and generosity of everyone at Noble Energy will make the entire month for a lot of deployed men and women.”
- Dianne Rives of Blue Star Mothers