We work to minimize waste from our operations and recycle where appropriate. Note that various countries categorize waste differently, so it is difficult to create a consistent listing.
In our U.S. onshore operations, we generated the following amounts of waste:
- DJ Basin: Contaminated Soil - 2,410 tons; non-water drilling - 64,420 gallons; drill cuttings - 1,380 tons; misc. oilfield - 22 tons
- Houston: E-waste recycled - 1 ton
- Marcellus Shale: E-waste recycled – 6.9 tons
In our offshore operations, we generated the following amounts of waste:
- Equatorial Guinea: Industrial - 116 tons; Industrial Recycled - 89 tons; Domestic - 103 tons; Domestic Recycled - 112 tons; Waste Oil Recycled - 7,800 liters. Note that some waste from EG was shipped to a specialized company in Texas for recycling/disposal.
- Israel: Hazardous – 1,214 tons (includes 1,075 tons of wastewater); Non-hazardous 646 tons.
- Cyprus: Recycled - .13 ton; General - 9 tons; Batteries & Accumulators (Hazardous) - .083 ton
- U.S. Gulf of Mexico – Solid – 328 tons; operational – 25 tons, hazardous – 70 tons, Naturally occurring radioactive materials (NORM) – 20 tons; waste oil recycled 45 tons; acid batteries – 1.34 tons